Łuski niklowane

Moderatorzy: wierzba, P_iter

Falco

Łuski niklowane

Post autor: Falco »

Witajcie Koledzy
Czytając nowe wydanie ( starszego wydania nie posiadam ) Jerzego Ejsmonta przeczytałem że nie zaleca się elaborowania łuskami niklowanymi ,pomimo iż jest to technicznie możliwe . Nasuwa mi się pytanie ...dlaczego??? Czy ktoś z Was posiada szerszą wiedzę na ten temat ???
Trochę mnie to nurtuje . Wiem że firmy produkują amunicję w niklowanych łuskach jak i produkują łuski niklowane do elaboracji. Skąd takie sugestie w książce Jerzego Ejsmonta ???
Pozdrawiam
Stepan Bazyluk

Post autor: Stepan Bazyluk »

Może trzeba zapytać PAna Ejsmonta samego, dlaczego tak pisze?
Łuski niklowane zeznakiem firmy Remington elaborowałem kilkakrotnie i nie mogę stwierdzić, by miały jakieś cechy ujemne..... Ciekawe spostrzeżenie swoją drogą....
"Uwielbiam chorał ruski..."
Awatar użytkownika
matthius

Post autor: matthius »

Ja również nie miałem problemu z łuskami niklowanymi. Dla porządku dodam, że mam takowe tylko w kalibrze 9x19.
Falco

Post autor: Falco »

Koledzy , ja elaboruję 300 win mag na łuskach PPU oraz 30-06 na łuskach winchestera . Oczywiście niklowanych .Nic złego się nie dzieje . Zapytałem tylko dlaczego w książce autor zwrócił uwagę by tego nie robić . [-X #-o
Awatar użytkownika
P_iter
<font color=darkred>Administrator</font>

Post autor: P_iter »

.30-06 na srebrnych Winchestera. Także bez problemu.
Pozdrawiam
P_iter
SP0VIP
abersfelderami

Post autor: abersfelderami »

Tu jest artykul na ten temat
, jest pozytywny, chociaz na zawodach nigdy ich nie widzialem.
Moze jest to zwiazane z anilowaniem (nie wiem jaka jest roznica :oops:), albo wracaniem do poprzedniego wymiaru (nie wiem czy jest to pawda).
W kazdym razie wszystkie srebne oddalem kumplowi i teraz o nich nie mysle :)
abersfelderami

Wlasnie przegladam Accurateshooter i pierwszy temat jest na niklowane luski http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thread ... s.4002161/
Awatar użytkownika
piotrjub
Kontakt:

Post autor: piotrjub »

Ja również używam łusek niklowanych. Delikatnie mówiąc nie zawsze autor książek ma rację.
smoczy

Post autor: smoczy »

A właśnie - jak zachowują się niklowane łuski na odpuszczanie ? Tj robi się taki zabieg ?
abersfelderami

Zobaczylem piotrjub odnosnik do Varmintal Al's web strone, znam ja, ale zauwazylem, ze pisze o niklowanych luskach.
Oto jego zdanie (negatywne), przy okazji odpowiada na pytanie smoczego na temat odpuszczania lusek poniklowanych.
FORGET NICKEL-PLATED BRASS.... I liked the looks and feel of nickel-plated cases, but I don't load them anymore and here is why. The cases are strong and it is easy enough to outside neck turn them. That is not the problem. The nickel-plating on the case neck ID is like sandpaper. The only way you might be able to remove this grit is with a case neck ID reamer if you have a "tight neck" chamber and enough neck wall thickness to work with. If you have a loaded nickel-plated round laying around and don't believe me, just pull the bullet. It will look like you pulled it out of a tube of 180 grit wet/dry sandpaper. If you pull the bullet out of a brass case mouth that has been carefully chamfered and polished with the steel wool spinner process above, it will be essentially smooth like out of the bullet box. Want copper in the barrel? Start by sanding the surface of those nice polished precision bullets. Try it with a Moly Coated bullet and it is even worse; the nickel-plated cases scrape off the Moly. The nickel-plated case neck IDs don't get any better after you reload them a few times. They are still like sandpaper. Think about a few of those nickel pieces of grit imbedding into the copper of the bullet and what they do to your rifle barrel! I have heard that the nickel is hard enough to score some reloading dies and also wear down the expander ball. Any metal that hard, should be kept away from your precision barrel. I have heard that some people have had success in removing the nickel plate from the neck IDs with a stainless steel brush and a drill motor. I haven't tried it.

MORE ABOUT NICKEL PLATING.... This is interesting about the mechanical properties of the nickel plating:
Electrolysis nickel plating is a process for chemically applying nickel-alloy deposits onto metallic substrates using an auto catalytic immersion process without the use of electrical current. ...snip....
Hardness and Wear Resistance
One of the most important properties for many applications is hardness. As deposited, the micro-hardness of electrolysis nickel coatings is about 500 to 700 HK100. That is approximately equal to 45 to 58 HRC and equivalent to many hardened alloy steels. Heat treatment causes these alloys to precipitation harden and can produce hardness values as high as 1100 HK100, equal to most commercial hard chromium coatings. ...snip...

Note that if you anneal your nickel plated necks, you are hardening the nickel plating. It can be harder than many alloyed steels before you anneal and can increase is hardness as much as 2 fold by precipitation hardening. I sure wouldn't want those tiny little hard pieces inside the neck getting embedded in the bullet's copper surface and then fire lapping my nice shiny barrel.
Awatar użytkownika
piotrjub
Kontakt:

Post autor: piotrjub »

Łuski te stosuję do celów myśliwskich, kaliber 30-06, nie wyżarzam ich. Jest ok, robię to od lat-90.
ODPOWIEDZ